Monday 17 June 2013

Day 7

Hey guys!

I had my first follow-up exam this morning with Dr. Greenberg. He said that my foot looks to be in good shape - in fact he said things looked great. The stitches will be removed next week, and I only have to ice my foot three times a day now.

Mom said that my foot looked better than she expected. There is still a bit of bruising, but it only looks a bit green and yellow now.

It was nice to have the bandage off, even if it was only for a little while.

Dr. Greenberg put some antibiotic powder on my stitches, then wrapped up my foot again. This time they used paper tape (instead of regular tape) at the top, because my skin seemed to react to the regular tape a bit.

I also got some advice on how to walk with my cane. Before I had it on the same side as my cast, but Dr. Greenberg said to have it on the opposite side, so that most of the weight is going on the opposite of my cast, rather than on the same side.

Right now I feel like about a 9... although I do have some pain. It comes and goes.

We dropped by my school to pick up my school shoes, but I didn't get to see any of my classmates, because today is the outdoor "Olympiads" and they were all outside. I won't be going to school for the rest of the week, except for my graduation. That's on Friday, and I will be there for sure!

That's it for now!

Xav

No comments:

Post a Comment