Sunday 16 June 2013

Day 6

Hey guys -

It's been a few days since my last blog. I thought I'd share some pictures with you today!

Me and my Airboot cast outside
Here is a picture of me on Day 2, relaxing outside in my Airboot cast.

The cast is pretty heavy but it supports my foot really well and does its job. I like to take it off sometimes to give my foot a break. And I have to take it off when I ice my foot.

Nice zoom of my cast. 
The doctor said it's really important for me not to move my foot right now, otherwise I could make the stent shift, which would be very bad. (If it shifts, they might have to start the procedure all over again.)

Speaking of which, if you want to read about the procedure, it's called HyProCure, and the website is here: hyprocure.com

The stent looks a lot like a screw. They gave us a picture of the x-ray that they took right after my surgery. You can see it in the picture here. It's life-sized, I think!
HyProCure stent in my right foot. 

Over the past few days, I've started to feel a lot less pain. I hardly take any pain meds any more. This morning, when I was walking from the La-Z-Boy to the bathoom and back, I didn't feel any pain at all! On a scale of 1-10, I felt like a 10!!

Right now (around 4:30 pm on Sunday), I've just finished icing my foot, and I feel about a 6. Over the past few days I've gotten as low as 2, but that was a few days ago. Recently, I'm more of a 4-5. Mom and Dad think this is a good sign.

Well, gotta go! Oh - one last thing - I have my first follow-up visit with Dr. Greenberg tomorrow morning. I will let you all know how things are going!

Bye for now!

Xav

No comments:

Post a Comment