Wednesday 12 June 2013

Day 2

Last night was horrible. My foot got inflamed – or at least it felt that way. Mom and I kept having to put the ice pack on. We slept from 11 pm to 2 am, and then from about 2:30 to 6 am. Mom actually thought the night would be worse. She was just happy to get some sleep!

So this morning when Mom asked me how I felt, on a scale of 1 (crappy) to 10 (doesn’t hurt when I walk), I said “2”. But at lunch I felt like “5”, and right now (at 5:45 pm), I feel like “7”. So that’s progress, right?

We’re still putting on ice every half hour. I have to say, it feels good, but sometimes it just chills me!

The doctor told me that once the stent was in, I would feel like I sprained my foot… and I do. Except I feel like I sprained my entire leg.

I have spent most of the day in the La-Z-Boy in the basement, in front of the Xbox, with Mom bringing me food and beverages and (legal) drugs. Yahoo! THIS IS THE LIFE! 

But Max wants a turn now, so Mom has taken me outside for a few minutes of fresh air. Shayde and I are playing a game of "kung sock su" - where I whap him in the face with Mom's socks and he tries to bite them.

I will post some pictures later, so check in again! 

XOXO,

Xav

No comments:

Post a Comment